Friday, March 03, 2006

Meme of sevens

So I've been memed (whatever that means, I don't pretend to know) but annie informs me that to fill out the questions is polite. I think I am just encouraging memers in their disruptive behavior.

Seven things to do before I die:
Achieve transparency. I would like to learn to ride my unicycle well enough to juggle at the same time. Furthermore it would be neat to ride it across a slack line while juggling but I won't be greedy. I want to plant a tree from a seed that isn't mowed down and makes it past sapling age. While I'm at it I would like to figure out what colors and styles really look good on me instead of just guessing all the time and getting lucky some of the time. If I were to bridle my tongue before I died I think I would avoid many sins and occasions for sin. Amen. Before I die I would like to make something beautiful, in particular I would like to sculpt a beautiful crucifix. I have a bookshelf half-full of art books written in German that if I learned to read in German I would have to do so before I died.

Seven things I cannot do:
I can't lay eggs but my birds can. Have you taken a look at the pictures!? I can't change a spark-plug because I don't know how but I also can't talk and eat peanut butter at the same time, at least, I cant talk clearly with peanutbutter in my mouth. I cannot earn my salvation on my own, think like a man, or see those magic eye pictures(I have seen one or two but it hurt so I stopped trying). My roommate points out that I could not swallow a mango seed.

Seven things would attract me to my other half if I had one(pure speculation):
A tobacco chewing gamer, one who never puts the toilet seat down nor rinses toothpaste spittle from the sink, who watches TV(sports) till midnight, saws logs till 10am and the cherry on top would be a big squishy beer gut.

Seven things I say:
My favorite Threat : "I'm gonna _(insert a word from what the other guy just said)_your _(insert another word from what the other guy just said)."
My favorite insult: "YOU are a _(insert a word from what the other guy just said)_!"
Note:the part of speech of inserted word is largely irrellevant.
To add weight to my arguments I like to make up statistics and say "(some number) percent of the time" or "you know what THEY say..."
Filler words for my clumsy tongue "uhm", and "and"
And the infectious missused simile "like"

Seven books I like other then the Bible(it is, after all, THE BOOK):
The First Days of School by Wong
The Thirteen Books of the Elements. Euclid
The Way, The Furrow, The Forge. (St?) Escriva
My Sketchbook
The Fairy Books Edited by Andrew Lang
The Dictionary
The Thrones of Earth and Heaven by Beny(I have a copy of this in English and German)

Seven movies I like(with qualification):
The Passion
Sister Wendy flicks
LOtR
Batman Beginns
Danny Deckchair
The Court Jester
A Room With a View

Seven people I might meme if they had a blog :
my mom
my dad
Saint Francis of Assisi
my friend from high school who I lost contact with
my sibling
my other sibling
and yet another sibling

Answering these questions was fun. Feel free to meme me again.

3 comments:

Mrs. Bear said...

+
I'm gonna meme your blog! LOL. :-)

Ladybird said...

Thank you Mrs. bear. That would be fun.

lord_sebastian_flyte said...

Two things: for one, I know some guys you'd be interested in as potential "other-halfs"; and two, Escriva was canonized in 2002, or so my sources tell me.