
This male canary seems to take an interest in all that goes on in the nest. One morning I uncovered the cage to discover him sitting half on the nest and half on the ladybird. Here we see him taking a turn keeping the eggs warm (or perhaps he is just warming his feet on those round warm "rocks" in the nest).
This morning one of the eggs hatched! This is a critical time in the young birds life. The mother bird still sits on the three remaining eggs and the baby but now she tips her head and feeds the little guy under her. The daddy bird has also stepped up his feeding regimen. I will keep you posted as I get new photographs.

2 comments:
That's awesome, Ladybird! How proud you must be! I can't wait to see the little guy!
two little guys now!
Post a Comment