I was feeling down in the dumps because all too often I fail to trust in God's love for me, His little one. Failure to trust leads to all sorts of other problems like fear and selfishness and of course trust's corollary, pride or trust in self. The Catechism links lack of trust with Adam's sin and all our subsequent sin. While I am grateful for my heart's conviction in these matters to dwell on the knowledge of ones failures leads to self loathing and despair(not good either). One can easily get stuck in a false sense of humility after such compunction and ironically fall further from a state of trust.
This morning(while I was down in the dumps) my mother's little dog sought me out as usual with her waggly tail to play tug of war and various other games. I recalled how she will sometimes hide from fear or mistrust of me. Often she hides seemingly without cause. I was struck by the realization that I am like my mother's dog when I fear my master i.e. utterly foolish and pitiable. And yet, much more than I for my mother's dog He loves me and wills my happiness perfectly.
This thought led me to conclude that when I am feeling down in the dumps following some conviction in my heart He seeks me still. With my imperfections and as I am He seeks me still. To make me whole and perfect He seeks me still.
Lord, I am so thankful for Your love and for my mother's dog with her waggly tail.

1 comment:
I love this! :-D
Post a Comment