Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Best Grocery Store on the Planet

Today I went to the best grocery store on the planet. Only TJ's could entice me out into the rain on my first full day in my new town. 

Attending a huge state school has its benefits and near the top of the list is demographics which allow for my favorite grocery store. This morning I put on my Hawaiian print shirt in anticipation of my first sojourn on the public transportation. I walked for 15 min in a misting rain to the bus stop. Ignoring my directional instincts I think I took the long way but no matter. I made it and waited only a short 10 min or so before the bus came roaring down the road. I found my stop with ease and though I had never been to the shopping center my intuition lead me  in what turned out to be the most direct path to my destination. I rounded the corner and there it was. 

Today I bought only what I needed and filled three small bags. Carrying all my groceries slung on my shoulders limits how much I can buy. Even when I didn't buy everything on my list my shoulders were aching before I reached home again. I am thankful that this store is on the way home from school and I can easily stop throughout the week so I don't have to lug everything at once. Today's extra burden was unique being my first grocery trip after moving.

After checkout and carefully packing the breakables I walked outside into regular rain. It rained all the way to the bus stop. All my bags were soaked but thankfully I didn't have to wait because just as I arrived so did the bus. The rain poured down while the bus wound its way back to my stop. The rain abated  just as I was disembarking as though on cue. 

There was one casualty.  An egg broke in the carton.

No comments: