Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Do you have any skills?




Numchuk skills? Bow Staff Skills? Survival Skills? Last week on Thursday the forecast for the weekend was Thunderstorms at 9pm Friday-6am Sat then rain all day Sat. The guy teaching our survival skills class said “The weather isn’t good or bad. It just is.” That is fine for him to say he is used to sleeping in the freezing elements. People pay big bucks to be dropped in the wilderness with him, a knife and a poncho for a week. I am accustom to sleeping in a cozy bed however and spending Friday night in a shelter I build only sounds romantic until cold and thunderstorms are in the forecast.
My shelter was remarkably warm and dry through the night and God heard my prayer and only light rain fell through the night. I was relatively warm nestled in my pile of leaves like a little mouse. Not a drop penetrated my well built shelter. Only my feet were chilled. I also had the tremendous satisfaction of starting a fire with a Bow Drill and learned how to use and care for a knife. I want a knife for my Birthday!

1 comment:

M' Lady's Topsail said...

Now that's what I call roughing it! That's awesome!